Saturday, August 9, 2008

Why I quit posting in this blog, and why I might start back

Because a mean customer scolded me severely for posting in my blog, instead of answering her email, which I never received, because she used a bad email address.
I take things to heart, especially scolding.
I had to completely rethink the egoic relationship with writing and the energy it takes, and why I even bother to write when I don't say anything important and my family,the farm and my business need so much of me, my skills and my time.
That was months ago, I am over it now(sort of) but in the meantime, other family stuff has happened to slurp up even more of my time and it is harvest season...but here I am writing...because there are things that happen in the holler for which I want to say out loud..."well, I do declare! did you see that!? isn't the earth an amazing organism?"

6 comments:

Kathleen August 10, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

Since I just found you yesterday, I'm glad you are back. Here's to happy writing!

Cady May August 10, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

thankyou Kathleen!

Kathleen August 11, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

It is my pleasure to post just as you start writing again. Serendipity...

Anonymous August 15, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

Oh I hope you continue to post and share pictures. In late February we moved from Crossville to Western WA. I can't begin to express the tears I've shed missing home. I miss the hollers, blue grass, lightening bugs, the scent of honeysuckle on the evening air. We will go home one day but for now I hope to see the sights and sounds through your blog

Cady May August 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM  

Simple Fancies, I know how you feel, I used to live near Monterey, and Crossville does have the "perfect climate!" when I moved from there to Indiana, I thought I would never get over the melancholy of "lost my place" but I soon started seeing how really beautiful it was in a different way.
Now i am back in Tn and think the experience was better for me than I realized at the time..there are things now I miss about Indiana! the huge trees, for one, and the river snaking through the whitewater valley..
Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous September 4, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

Just catching up here. I've missed your reports and distinctive voice, so I'm pleased to think you might be back for a while.

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP